No. 2 Quarry Cottages
Ballachulish is a small Highland village on the shores of Loch Leven and just a mile or so away from Glencoe. The name is known around the world for the quality of the slate produced from the old quarry, with many of the roofs of Glasgow and Edinburgh being covered in Ballachulish slate. The quarry was established in 1694 and produced slate until closure in 1955, and is now a nice place for a reflective walk. Quarry Cottages have only been around for a decade or so, but take their name from this famous quarry.
This property is dog friendly. We allow up to two dogs per property. You must read our dog policy before booking.
The modern cottages are located in the heart of the village, overlooking the shinty field. Close by you’ll find many of the services for the wider local area icluding the Co-op, Post Office, hardware store, medical centre, tourist information and more.
Accommodation for 4 guests is provided, making the cottages ideal for a family holiday, or perhaps for a group of friends wanting to take advantage of the wide range of walking trails on the doorstep.
No. 2 Quarry Cottages provides accommodation by way of one super king bedded room and one twin bedroom. Alternatively, and for added flexibility, No 2 Quarry Cottages can be offered with 2 twin bedded rooms. If you prefer this sleeping arrangement to our standard layout please ensure that it is clearly requested at the time of booking.
Free Wireless Broadband now available.
A grocery order service is provided for all our guests at Clachaig Holidays. We are able to offer a select list of items to help ensure that the first day of your holiday isn’t spent at the supermarket. The simple tick list contains everything from basic essentials such as bread and milk through to salmon, steak and other speciality Highland products. Please ask for more details when making your booking.
- Sleeps 4
- Bedrooms 2
- Doubles 1
- Twins 1
- Spacious entrance porch with plenty of hanging and storage space for outdoor gear and a dehumidifier to help dry it on those wet days.
- Large open plan Lounge/Dining area with adjacent kitchen
- TV with DVD player
- Large range of free to air channels via satellite reception
- CD player/Radio
- Comfortable lounge seating area complete with patio doors providing generous light and an open view
- Dining table with seating for 6
- Fully fitted modern kitchen with
- electric cooker
- combined washing/drying machine
- Flexible bedroom layouts offering double or twin on request
- Bathroom complete with shower over the bath
- Parking adjacent to the cottage
- Double glazed throughout
- Full electric central heating
- Excellent access to amenities and a number of lovely walks in the surrounding countryside
- Up to two dogs are permitted in Quarry Cottages. Dogs but must be kept out of bedrooms and off of the furniture and never left alone in the property. You must read our dog policy before booking.
- Only dogs are permitted in our properties. No other pets are allowed.
View Larger Map
Centrally located in Ballachulish village, adjacent to the shinty park and within a very short walk to shops, post office, pub, restaurant and tourist information.
Ballachulish has its own walks through the quarry, into the mountains and by the lochside. It is also just off the A82 - Glencoe is 2 minutes by car to the east, whilst Fort William is 20 minutes to the north. Oban is approximately 45 minutes to the south.
By car, Glencoe is approximately 2 hours north of Glasgow, or 2.5 hours from Edinburgh. Both cities have airports with many domestic and international connections.
Our Policy On Pets We believe the family dog is just that, a member of the family and deserves a…
Camus Bhan, Invercoe Check Prices and Availability for Camus Bhan, Invercoe Camus Bhan, located on the shores of Loch Leven…
Home Delivery Services
Get your holiday groceries delivered! You probably don’t want to spend the first day of your holiday at the supermarket…
Late Availability Our availability search function for our Chalets and our Cottages allows you to search for the dates that…