Our Policy On Pets
We believe the family dog is just that, a member of the family and deserves a holiday too! But please don’t ask to bring your cat, your parrot, your snake or any other type of pet.
We will accept one well behaved dog with responsible owners when pre-booked in selected dog permitted properties only.
We are very happy for you to have your dog accompany you on holiday, but it is under the strict understanding that you adhere to our rules relating to the acceptance of dogs in our properties.
We allow up to two dogs per property at £70 per week or £10 per night over a short break. Please note we do not accept any other type of pets and Hawthorn Cottage is the only property we do not allow pets in.
Our properties are furnished at great expense and are presented in a clean condition for you and we wish to keep them that way. Our cleaning standards ensure that guests without dogs can confidently stay in our cottages without detecting doggie smells and doggie hairs! However, it would be almost impossible to maintain these high standards if our ‘house rules’ for dogs weren’t respected, so we appreciate your co-operation and respect for others staying after you.
What you need to bring with you:
- Dog beds/crates
- A towel to make sure the dogs are clean and dry before entering the property
- Food and water bowls
- And don’t forget the poop bags
Here are our House rules for dogs:
- Dogs are not permitted on any furniture, i.e. sofas and beds – even with covers applied
- Dogs are strictly not permitted in the bedrooms of our cottages
- Dogs are strictly not permitted to be left in the cottage or grounds unattended at any time.
- The interior and grounds of the property must be left in a clean, undamaged condition
- Dogs must be clean before entry to the cottage – bring your own towel
- Your dog must not be permitted to cause any kind of nuisance to the neighbouring properties
- Your dog is welcome in the bars at Clachaig Inn but kept under close control
- You must clean up your dog poop and dispose of thoughtfully
- Your dog must be at least 1 year old at the time of your holiday.
Please ensure that you are prepared to accept these conditions before making your booking. Your booking is only accepted on the basis of you agreeing to comply with our conditions.
If we find they have been left alone unattended or where they shouldn’t – i.e. the bedrooms or on any furniture – or caused any kind of damage whatsoever or caused us extra cleaning costs, flea treatment etc. then we will charge you for reinstating the property and its contents to the condition they were before you arrived. So if your dog chews the leg of a dining chair we will likely need to replace the set.
An indication of what the charges may be:
• £25 cleaning charge if the dog has been on the beds or any other furniture
• £100 cleaning charge if the dog has done the toilet in the property
• £100 for failure to notify us of bringing a dog
• £Small fortune where furniture has been chewed and the set requires full replacement
Any damages to the property will be paid for in full
We’re sorry if this sounds harsh, but we’ve had to become stricter after a growing number of incidents where guests have abused our hospitality and allowed their dogs free reign over the bedroom with no regard for the cleaning and replacement costs incurred. These problems are then multiplied considering the tight schedules and the limited time we have available to sort these problems out between them departing and new guests arriving.
Your booking is accepted on the basis of you agreeing to comply with our terms and conditions.
Our Policy On Pets We believe the family dog is just that, a member of the family and deserves a…
Camus Bhan, Invercoe Check Prices and Availability for Camus Bhan, Invercoe We are delighted to welcome a new property to…
Home Delivery Services
Get your holiday groceries delivered! You probably don’t want to spend the first day of your holiday at the supermarket…
Clachaig's FebruaryFest has grown over the last 2 decades from humble beginnings to being as much a part of…