Arivonie LOCHSIDE Cottage
Arivonie – Lochside Cottage is an extended and converted former croft cottage located at Tighphuirt, just outside Glencoe Village on the shores of Loch Leven.
This modernised, detached family home, with its own private gardens and driveway, provides excellent accommodation for 4 guests, but can be configured to sleep up to 5. The convenient lochside setting provides for both open views and easy access to spectacular countryside.
This property is dog friendly. We allow up to two dogs per property. You must read our dog policy before booking.
The accommodation utilises all of the house with the exception of the downstairs front room. This is used by the property owner as a Studio Gallery for landscape painting. The gallery is very low key, usually operating only from mid morning till afternoon, mostly week days only. The gallery has its own entance, and is quite separate from rest of the accommodation. The gallery is fully insulated to prevent noise transfer, and has its own entrance to the front. As the studio gallery is used from mid/late morning to mid afternoon,you’ll barely be aware of its existence.
The accommodation is accessed from the driveway here there is parking for 2 cars. The kitchen and bathroom are on the ground floor. Two bedrooms and a further wc are located on the first floor. The lounge / dining room is also on the first floor (something to remember when serving meals) and with the elevated position looks straight out over Loch Leven. Please see the floor plan in the photo gallery below.
The gardens to the rear catch the evening sun and can be a pleasant place to sit on a sunny summer evening. The garage also provides useful storage for outdoor equipment such as bikes, as well as being home to the laundry facilities.
Arivonie is particularly suitable for couples or small families. Provision of a sofa bed in the lounge increases the flexibility of the property. Please let us know in advance if you wish to use this so that linen can be provided.
Free BT Broadband wi-fi is available in the cottage.
Please note that as this apartment is new to Clachaig Holidays for 2017 it has not been graded by VisitScotland. When previously graded Arivonie achieved a 4 Star Self Catering award and we are confident that the high standard has been maintained.
- Sleeps 4
- Bedrooms 2
- Doubles 1
- Twins 1
- Modern fitted kitchen
- Gas 4-ring hob / Electric oven / Electric extract canopy above
- Full sized fridge / freezer
- Downstairs bathroom with bath, electric shower, toilet and wash hand basin
- 2 good sized bedrooms, both with mountain or loch views
- Upstairs toilet with wash hand basin
- Lounge/dining at first floor with elevated views over Loch Leven
- Detached garage with laundry facilities.
- Secure terraced gardens with small lawn and slabbed seating area to rear
- Graveled upper terrace in the garden
- Detached garage with laundry, drying and storage space for bikes etc.
- Off street parking for 2 cars on a gated driveway.
- Non-smoking. Smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the house
- Pets. One dog is permitted in the house but never left unattended or allowed in bedrooms.
- Oil fired central heating with electric immersion as back-up.
- Fully double glazed throughout.
- Colour flat screen TV, DVD in lounge.
- Broadband wi-fi available throughout the property.
- Radio / CD player.
- Travel cot & high chair available by request. Sink step and kids crockery are also provided.
- Up to two dogs are permitted in Arivonie. Dogs but must be kept out of bedrooms and off of the furniture and never left alone in the property. You must read our dog policy before booking.
- Only dogs are permitted in our properties. No other pets are allowed.
View Arivonie in a larger map
Ideally situated to enjoy views over Loch Leven to the Callart hills and the spectacular sunsets over Ardgour. Just off the A82 Glasgow to Fort William road. Crafts & Things coffee shop just 1 minute away! The mobile phone reception is generally good at Arivonie. Just a 3 minute walk to the Glencoe Hotel. Nisa & Co-op stores with Post Office in Glencoe & Ballachulish villages.
Our Policy On Pets We believe the family dog is just that, a member of the family and deserves a…
Camus Bhan, Invercoe Check Prices and Availability for Camus Bhan, Invercoe We are delighted to welcome a new property to…
Home Delivery Services
Get your holiday groceries delivered! You probably don’t want to spend the first day of your holiday at the supermarket…
Late Availability Our availability search function for our Chalets and our Cottages allows you to search for the dates that…