Beech & Birch Chalets are mountain chalets as you would imagine them to be. Set in the grounds to the rear of Clachaig Inn, these timber clad chalets are the perfect mountain retreat, with excellent accommodation and unrivaled mountain views.
Each chalet provide accommodation for 4 guests in 2 bedrooms making them ideal for couples or small families. Both properties are architect designed with the impressive open plan lounge / dining / kitchen space being a delightful living space. The timber lined vaulted ceiling and full width picture windows create a feeling of light and space. The cast iron stove on a slate and granite hearth gives a wonderfully cozy feeling, especially on dark winter nights. Outside, a covered verandah looks over woodland to the magnificent west face of Aonach Dubh, part of the greater range forming Argyll’s highest mountain.
This property is dog friendly. We allow up to two dogs per property. You must read our dog policy before booking.
The master bedroom has plenty of storage and has ensuite shower and toilet facilities, with a further shower and toilet providing facilities for the twin bedded room. Boots and jackets can be stored and dried in the entry hall.
All our properties at Clachaig Chalets and Lodges are located in the grounds of the popular award winning Clachaig Inn, which is open all year round with the exception of Christmas Day. Food is served daily between 12 noon and 9pm. It also provides a large selection of Scottish ales & lagers, over 365 malt whiskies (one for every day of the year and a few more) and over 50 Scottish distilled gins as well as other facilities such as a children’s Play Area.
Free wifi is provided at the inn, though the service is limited due to the rural mountain location.
A grocery order service is provided for all our guests at Clachaig Holidays. We are able to offer a select list of items to help ensure that the first day of your holiday isn’t spent at the supermarket. The simple tick list contains everything from basic essentials such as bread and milk through to salmon, steak and other speciality Highland products. Please ask for more details when making your booking.
- Sleeps 4
- Bedrooms 2
- Doubles 1
- Twins 1
- Lounge / dining area with vaulted ceiling, gas fired black stove and picture windows giving open views to the glen
- Master double bedroom with en suite shower and toilet facilities
- A further twin bedroom
- Master bedroom has colour TV
- Bathroom with electric shower and WC, heated towel rails
- Modern fully equipped fitted kitchen
- Gas cooker and extract above
- Clothes washing machine
- Upright fridge freezer
- Patio doors lead from the lounge on to covered veranda with unrivaled views of the West Face of Aonach Dubh and Aonach Eagach Ridge
- Parking for 2 cars adjacent to the property
- Non smoking – smoking is not permitted anywhere within the chalet
- Gas fired central heating
- Fully double glazed throughout
- Colour TV and DVD in lounge
- Selection of magazines and DVDs
- Radio / CD player
- Travel cot and High Chair available by request
- Use of bike shed by request
- Free Wi-Fi is available at the inn. Pop across for a pint while you check your email!
- Up to two dogs are permitted in Beech Chalet. Dogs but must be kept out of bedrooms and off of the furniture and never left alone in the property. You must read our dog policy before booking.
- Only dogs are permitted in our properties. No other pets are allowed.
View Larger Map
Beech Chalet is located in private grounds to the rear of Clachaig Inn in the very heart of Glencoe.
The chalet enjoys privacy from the inn at the same time as being ideally located for popping across for a pint and a meal at the end of a perfect day on the hills.
Clachaig is located in Glen Coe, just a short distance from the A82 along the old riverside road.
By car, Glencoe is approximately 2 hours north of Glasgow, or 2.5 hours from Edinburgh. Both cities have airports with many domestic and international connections. Oban is less than 1 hour to the south, and Fort William is the nearest town, a drive of less than 30 minutes to the north.
Glencoe village with it's shop, museum and cafes is located just 2.5 miles away along the old village road.
Our Policy On Pets We believe the family dog is just that, a member of the family and deserves a…
Camus Bhan, Invercoe Check Prices and Availability for Camus Bhan, Invercoe Camus Bhan, located on the shores of Loch Leven…
Home Delivery Services
Get your holiday groceries delivered! You probably don’t want to spend the first day of your holiday at the supermarket…
Late Availability Our availability search function for our Chalets and our Cottages allows you to search for the dates that…