Update: Hawthorn Cottage will undergo a major redecoration programme during March 2018 during which some additional changes will be made. From Easter Hawthorn Cottage, Glencoe will accommodate 8 guests, with the option of 1 or 2 further guests being able to use a sofa bed, giving a maximum occupancy of 10 guests. A floorplan showing the new arrangement is provided below. Further updates will be provided here in January. However, should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Hawthorn Cottage is located at Riverbank Holiday Cottages, at the fringes of Glencoe village, and is a bright and spacious property, sleeping up to six guests in three bedrooms.
Typified by large windows, the cottage makes the most of the views of the surrounding scenery. The cottage is bounded on one side by a secluded section of the river Coe, a great place to sit and watch the varied wildlife. The magnificent mountains of Glencoe look almost close enough to touch, while the gardens and open field to the front provide a beautiful outlook on a sunny day.
All three bedrooms come with en suite facilities, with two bedrooms also benefiting from dressing rooms as well. The spacious kitchen adjoins a breakfast room, which looks out over the river, while the more formal dining room has floor to ceiling windows,with stunning views to the mountains of Glencoe. In addition to the lounge, there is also a conservatory making this a truly wonderful base for your holiday in Glencoe.
A grocery order service is provided for all our guests at Clachaig Holidays. We are able to offer a select list of items to help ensure that the first day of your holiday isn’t spent at the supermarket. The simple tick list contains everything from basic essentials such as bread and milk through to salmon, steak and other specialty Highland products. Please ask for more details when making your booking.
- Sleeps 6
- Bedrooms 3
- Doubles 1
- Twins 2
- Entrance porch leading to inner hall.
- Large comfortable lounge with stone fireplace and feature black iron stove.
- Spacious yet intimate dining area with magnificent mountain views.
- Sun lounge – a cosy place in which to relax in the evenings with a glass of wine and watch beautiful mountain sunsets
- Three bedrooms, one double with dressing room, two twins – one with dressing room.
- All bedrooms have en suite shower and toilet facilities.
- One of the Twin bedrooms also has a bath with shower over
- Spacious and fully equipped fitted modern kitchen
- Large modern range in stainless steel with twin ovens, grill, warming compartment, 5 ring hob and stainless steel extract canopy above. A chef’s delight!
- Integrated large fridge / freezer
- Clothes washer/Tumble dryer
- Breakfast/serving bar
- Breakfast area seating six persons with views over the River Coe to the Pap of Glencoe above. Here you may watch a heron catch its breakfast as you eat your own.
- Spacious private grounds adjacent to the River Coe
- Ample private parking to the front of property for 3 or more cars
- Deck to rear with riverside and mountain views
- Deck to the front that includes a wheelchair access ramp.
- Both decks are ideal for sitting out and relaxing in the sun.
- Full oil fired central heating
- Electric feature black iron stove in lounge
- Double glazed throughout
- Colour TV with DVD player in lounge
- Radio / CD player
- Travel Cot and high chair by request
View Riverbank Holiday Cottages in a larger map
A quiet, rural, riverside location yet only a 5 minute walk to the historic village of Glencoe with its mini market.
The village also has an interesting Folk Museum, and the MacDonald Monument, commemorating the 1692 Glencoe Massacre is close to the cottages.
3 miles to an award winning Inn - recently voted Best Pub in Scotland providing great all day food, and an unrivalled range of Highland cask ales and malt whiskies.
The National Trust for Scotland Visitor Centre is a pleasant short walk through the woods.
Glencoe is central for exploring the beautiful west coast of the Highlands of Scotland or local walking in Scotland's most famous and scenic glen.
Camus Bhan, Invercoe Check Prices and Availability for Camus Bhan, Invercoe We are delighted to welcome a new property to…
Home Delivery Services
Get your holiday groceries delivered! You probably don’t want to spend the first day of your holiday at the supermarket…
Late Availability Our availability search function for our Chalets and our Cottages allows you to search for the dates that…
Hawthorn Cottage Check Prices and Availability for Hawthorn Cottage, Glencoe Update: Hawthorn Cottage will undergo a major redecoration programme during…